List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kbabel in kde4
From:       Martin Schlander <suse () linuxin ! dk>
Date:       2007-08-29 20:55:32

Gave KAider it's first "real" test run here today, translating openSUSE 10.3
release notes, using packages from the openSUSE build service. A few words of
feedback.

Generally it's looking very nice, and feeling more solid and stable than I had
expected. Actually KBabel now feels old and dull. This was my first time
using anything KDE4 for "production" and I think it showed great promise for
both KAider and KDE4 in general.

Except for syntax check and as-you-type-spellcheck it seemed to be close to
ready for my needs. How many KDE4 apps can say that now? ;-)

There seemed to be some issues with the fuzzy/unfuzzy-functionality. When I
had unfuzzied a string, I didn't seem to be able to see that in the ui -
the "fuzzy"-label remained in the message context-field in the ui - however
in the po everything was as it should be.

I wonder if it would be possible to have an easier way to switch between
multiple identities than loading and saving projects. Perhaps something
similar to multiple identities in KMail.

Great job, Nick.