List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kbabel in kde4
From:       "Grigory Mokhin" <mokhin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-14 15:25:41

On 8/14/07, Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic@gmx.net> wrote:

> I suspect that if they'd be as useful for the "free translator", we'd
> already have few widespread solutions. For example, I personaly find
> assisted translation of previously untranslated content next to useless
> (even detrimental in a sense), while something to quickly check "how is this
> particular term being translated in KDE, Gnome, etc.?" would be more useful.

This is exactly what this program does:

http://www.apsic.com/en/products_xbench.html

It's free and it works great, especially in conjunction with existing
compendiums or translation memories... I wonder if it runs in wine,
for example.

From my experience with both commercial and free translation software,
Nick's approach to Kaider functions, if combined with a solution
similar to xbench, would lead to best quality and productivity, as
many teams already have the big body of finished translations for KDE,
GNOME etc.

Regards,
Gregory