List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Status page error not showing via msgfmt
From:       Clytie Siddall <clytie () riverland ! net ! au>
Date:       2007-06-24 4:15:13

Thanks to both A.S. and Chusslove for their helpful replies. :)

On 23/06/2007, at 8:38 PM, Chusslove Illich wrote:

>> [: Clytie Siddall :]
>> The status page KDE4/Vietnamese/kdelibs/desktop_kdelibs.po shows "1
>> error". However, "msgfmt -cv" doesn't report it. I can't find it.
>
> I think the problem is gone, the latest Scripty log
> ftp://i18n.kde.org/logs/070623.trunk_l10n-kde4 shows no problem
> with this
> file.
>
> The problem was probably the same as in the kdelibs.po, caused by the
> partial removal of "previous entry" comments, those starting with
> #|. For
> example, one entry was:
>
>   #. i18n: tag string
>   #. i18n: file ./kstyles/oxygen/config/config.ui line 27
>   #: rc.cpp:429
>   #, fuzzy
>   #| msgctxt "toolbar position string"
>   #| msgid "Floating"
>   msgid "Plain"
>   msgstr "Nổi"
>
> and was changed (by hand? by some PO translation tool?) to:
>
>   #.i18n: tag string
>   #.i18n: file ./kstyles/oxygen/config/config.ui line 27
>   #: rc.cpp:429
>   #| msgctxt "toolbar position string"
>   msgid "Plain"
>   msgstr "Chuẩn"
>
> I.e. the "#| msgid..." line was removed, but the "#| msgctxt..."
> should have
> been removed as well. It seems msgfmt and msgmerge won't swallow it
> otherwise.

Ahah! Thanks very much. I didn't remove any of those entries
manually, but my PO editor (LFE for OSX), although it has been
updated to handle msgctxt, apparently isn't entirely happy with
previous msgctxt and previous msgid. I'll contact the developer.

So every time I open desktop_kdelibs in my editor, it removes those
previous entries: that file is showing an error again today. Now I
know what's wrong, I can deal with it.

Is there any way I can find these errors myself? As I said, msgfmt -
cv doesn't catch them. I don't want to run msgmerge over a completed
and current file.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

["PGP.sig" (application/pgp-signature)]