List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Deadlines for translations
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2007-06-23 21:58:14

On Samstag, 23. Juni 2007, Umesh Rudrapatna wrote:
> Our team has not been able to take kn_IN into any of the KDE releases till
> date. Is there still some time left for us to satisfy the essential
> requirements and make it to KDE 4.0? If yes, what is the deadline for the
> same?
>
> [I found that, as per release schedule
> (http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Roadmap
> ), "Milestone Beta cycle" starts on 25th July and ends on 24th Sept. It
> talks about strings freeze. If kn_IN can still be included, am I correct in
> assuming that we can keep putting-in/correcting our translations till 24th
> September?]

As you can see from the release roadmap, there is no exact date yet.
Usually we can commit translations until the date of tagging. From the current
schedule this would be a few days before 23rd of october 2007. So there is
still much time left for your team to make your way into KDE 4 :-)

As soon as you fullfill the requirements, please ask on this list to be
included for KDE 4; Inclusion will _not_ happen automatically as far as i
know.

Good luck :)
Thomas