List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KBabel / Kaider
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2007-06-20 19:42:53

On Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2007, Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
> On óÒÅÄÁ 20 ÉÀÎÑ 2007, Malcolm Hunter wrote:
> > I see Nick began a rewrite of KBabel, but I
> > can't see any activity for a while. Is this still active?
>
> I had my last exam today (general physics), so i can now come back to the
> KAider project.

Welcome back :-)

> I'm working on the ProjectView right now (yes, it won't be a separate
> application, but a detachable view)
>
> The plural tabs are already implemented (and if you encounter any crashes,
> please send me 'hard' .po files)

I wonder if there is a better GUI-implementation for plural forms instead of
tabs?! Does anyone have any idea?
The current solution in KBabel is not very convenient, will KAider use simple
tabs as well or do you have a better solution in mind?

> And besides, all of you will be interested in the msgid-diff feature
>
> See http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Summer_of_Code/2007/Projects/KAider
> (there are also compiling instructions)

The message-diffs and a merge-solution are really appreciated! Especially team
coordinators receive po-files from team-members and have to see, which
messages have been changed/translated and then the coordinator should be able
to accept or reject it.

Cheers
Thomas