List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Help needed on language xx
From:       "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie () blackie ! dk>
Date:       2006-10-15 9:16:44

If I look in xx/messages/extragear-graphics/kphotoalbum.po I for example see
#: DB/Category.cpp:32
msgid "Media Type"
msgstr ""

Doesn't this indicate that the script that generates the xx language hasn't
been run on it recently?

Second, are there an easy way for me to generate this file from my local
sources files. What I'm aiming at here is to check instantly that a i18n()
added to my sources actually fixed a problem.

Cheers and thanks
Jesper.

On Saturday 14 October 2006 18:09, Thomas Reitelbach wrote:
| On Saturday 14 October 2006 10:35, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > Hi.
| >
| > I'm the author of KPhotoAlbum, and I'm getting closer to the next
| > release, so I'd like to install the xx language for KPA to check if I got
| > everything translated.
| >
| > First step is simply to get the xx language available in SVN (if it is
| > there at all), second step is to try and generate it myself, so if I fix
| > something I can check my fixes actually worked.
| >
| > Does anyone have any suggestions how to approach this?
|
| This is quite easy and only a few steps:
|
| mkdir i18n
| cd i18n
| svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n
| cd l10n
| svn up scripts
| svn up xx
|
| Then create the configure script for the language xx:
| ./scripts/autogen.sh xx
|
| Finally build and install xx:
| cd xx
| ./configure
| make
| su -c "make install"
|

| Afterwards you should be able to start KPhotoAlbum like this:
| KDE_LANG=xx_XX kphotoalbum
|
| Hope this helps :)
|
| Cheers,
| Thomas