List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    How to mass rename .po files?
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <friedrich.w.h () kossebau ! de>
Date:       2006-10-15 12:09:54

Hi,

I found out I accidently misnamed two pot file and so changed it's name in
the "Makefile.am"s. But now how to proceed with regard to the already
existing translations?

Is there a way/script to rename all existing .po files with the old name to
the new name?

This is about
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/templates/messages/playground-pim/

"contactpropertyactionservice_openingooglemapsservice.pot"
changed to
"contactpropertyactionservice_openingooglemaps.pot"
Also
"contactpropertyactionservice_copyaddress.pot"
changed to
"contactpropertyactionservice_copyemailaddress.pot"
(there even was a name clash with another pot file :/ ).

All I found was that I have to manually delete
"contactpropertyactionservice_openingooglemapsservice.pot".

But how to also help the innocent translators, as I am the guilty person? 8)

Regards
Friedrich