List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [csb] translation
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-18 11:48:18

Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> Even with the <sarcasm> tags this is exactly the type of
> message that keeps newbies from contributing more.
> <sarcasm>Thanks for your attitude.</sarcasm>
>
> Be sure i'll keep myself away from helping in anything i18n
> related in the future. <sarcasm>You just made KDE a better
> place.</sarcasm>

Don't think this is getting us anywhere. Nobody is trying to keep
newbies from contributing. Main problem in this area is probably
that we don't have an experienced l10n contact person as a mentor
for newbies at the moment who knows the usual problems for
beginners and provides some guidance for setting everything up
correctly. We had something like this over the first years for a
reason, just as the whole "coordinator" system.

I think, it would be great if we could find somebody for this job
again or maybe a few "old hands" who could take on the
responsibility similar to the people behind the
"sysadmin@kde.org" address.

Kind regards,

Thomas