List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Best way to mark placeholder strings in Designer files
From:       mvillarino <mvillarino () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-09 16:49:49

O Mércores, 9 de Agosto de 2006 17:49, Aurelien Gateau escribiu:
> Tom Albers wrote:
> > Op woensdag 9 augustus 2006 16:57, schreef Aurelien Gateau:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> In one of my Designer files I have some placeholder strings which are
> >> overloaded by the code and never appear in the application. Since this
> >> sis a Designer file, I can't remove the i18n() calls so that they don't
> >> appear in the message file. What is the best way to mark this strings as
> >> placeholders?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>   Aurélien
> >
> > Make a comment for the translators?
> > i18n("dummy string, dont translate","placeholderstring");
>
> That would mean manually editing the generated cpp file, or am I missing
> something?
I think, that the "dummy string" should go in the <comment></comment>, but I'm
not sure.
On the other hand, weren't comments in the i18n() call generated from .ui
files simply ignorated so that they didn't finally appear at the pot file?

--
Best Regards
MV

Public key available at www.keyserver.net
GPG Fingerprint: 8116 899E 61FD D983 AF80 FEDE 1CD8 1C9A 4B81 73AE