List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Entities (was: Red Card for Polish translation team)
From:       Jeroen Wijnhout <jeroen () wijnhout ! com>
Date:       2006-07-03 18:15:38

Stephan Johach wrote:

>And BTW I do not understand your fix. RMB is in the german kdelibs
>user.entities for a long time.
>
><!ENTITY RMB    "<mousebutton>rechte</mousebutton> Maustaste">
>
>I suspect your Doc ist broken, since the trunk version of the german
>index.docbook now has
>
><!ENTITY RMB "right mouse button">

A while ago I had an issue with the Kile docs that looks like this. The
Dutch KDE team added an entity (a new
translator). They added the entity in a common KDE file, so everything
worked great for trunk. However for older
KDE versions, or for any KDE version that is already installed, the
corresponding common KDE file containing
the entity definition was not changed of course. This caused the doc not
to compile on older KDE versions. I fixed this
by copying the entity definition to the index.docbook. This worked, but
I wonder how we should deal with such a
situation in general. Any ideas?

best,
Jeroen