List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Accelerator keys are missing here and there in Japanese user
From:       Yukiko Bando <ybando () k6 ! dion ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2006-06-20 14:38:10

Funda Wang wrote:
> > 1. If they work in KDE 3.5.3, will they work in KDE 3.5.4 too without
> > conflicting with other accelerator keys?
>
> I think so.

I think so too.  But they will probably have to be reviewed in KDE 4.0?

> > 2. Is it possible to add a comment to such strings to let other
> > translators know that it is not an error.
>
> The problem only affects non-latin languages.

Er.. you don't answer my question. :)  What I want to know is whether it
is possible to add comments which will not get overwritten or removed by
scripty.

> > 3. If I translate "Application" as "アプリケーション(&L)" in kcmlayout.po,
> > for example, is there a possibility that it will be reused in other
> > files without being fuzzied?  That would cause a problem.
>
> If the string sit in kdelibs, then it might be used by other programs.

I won't do that in kdelibs.po. :)

> FYI, Chinese team seldom does such thing, because msgfmt will complain
> about that :)

Really?  I modified kcmlayout.po as above and ran
msgfmt --check-accelerators kcmlayout.po but didn't get any errors.

Thanks for the info.

Yukiko