List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Options (was: Re: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE)
From:       Clytie Siddall <clytie () riverland ! net ! au>
Date:       2006-05-29 11:49:54

It would be useful to have the _option_ of using a web translation
interface, in addition to our current tools, _as long as the
interface were part of the project and worked with the project's
procedures_.

Debian is currently setting this up with Pootle [1] (from the
Wordforge [2] project). We've looked into this situation very
carefully. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, with all
the plans to integrate the Wordforge tools into the Debian
infrastructure.

Pootle (like the other Wordforge tools) is free software. It's
available as a tool. You can run your own Pootle, online [3] or
offline [4], and thus adapt it to your own needs.

I use Pootle for some situations, my translation editor
(LocFactoryEditor [5]) for others, and my text editor for yet others.
I think we all need the option to choose whatever tool is suitable
for each task.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

[1] Pootle:
Main server: http://pootle.wordforge.org/