List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jriddell () ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2006-05-28 0:15:43

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 01:00:33AM +0300, Spiros Georgaras wrote:
> On the other hand, a tool like resetta permits a person with no previous
> experience in translating KDE apps,

No it doesn't, if the person is not a member of the translation team
any translation they make have to be reviewed before they are accepted.

> So please, consider disregarding rosetta altogether, and start using KDE
> SVN instead - I don't think KDE people would mind...

SVN is much harder for some people to use than a web interface, the
reason there are are lot of Ubuntu translators is because of the low
barrier of entry Rosetta offers.

Jonathan