List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Error in Kexi docbook creation
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2006-02-23 13:19:49

Sander Koning wrote:
>> If it cannot be made to work, it is enough to simply remove &underLGPL; from
>> the docbook, the license is surely in other places of Kexi (like
>> Help->About).
>>
>> In the docbook,
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/doc/kexi/credits.docbook?rev=504622&view=markup
>> the &underLGPL; is followed by a comment that says "GPL", not LGPL. Which is
>> the right one?
>
> This is why I changed the `translation' to GPL.

My point is that you, as a translator, have no right to change it. You
just have to translate it. You can submit a bug report if you think it
is an error. In such case original would be changed and you would have
the opportunity to change translation also. If it was not an error you
could end up with original (LGPL) and translation (GPL) and these two
licenses are really different (and it matters).

And from your post it seemed like you changed license just because there
was no &LGPL; entity and there was &GPL;.

Anyway, I hope this issue will be clarified now.

	Krzysztof Lichota