List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Preparing announce for "unfreeze"
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2006-02-09 18:13:03

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 22:28, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 February 2006 16:05, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I meant especially kdebase's documentation.
> > (Note: be careful that the change kdDebug to kDebug has been done in
> > KDE4, so if you port these docs to KDE 3.5 (especially kdebugdialog), you
> > must be sure to to add the d again (kdDebug, kdWarning, kdError,
> > kdFatal).
>
> well this is messy then.

That is the problem of automatical conversions of identifiers in KDE4. In this
case, it is probably the best to revert the change in KDE4 for the
documentation.

> The best way to do things in our current
> sirtuation is to open bug reports and to post in them what has been done.
> This is how Burkhard, Pino, Anders, Natalie and me do.

> Thus we commit
> changes to trunk and leave the report open. It'll be easy to backport to
> kde 3.5 duriong the unfreeze.

> Those doc changes in kdebase trunk you mention, I have no idea who made
> them and how and whom you expect to backport them.

Well, if nobody feels responsible, it can remain in KDE4 only. That is not my
problem. But if someody wants to take care about them and backport them, then
the unfreeze should allow it.

> For my part, I'll only close as many docs/strings bug reports I can but i
> won't look at kde-commits archives and try to make sense of docs updates in
> trunk with the risk of breaking things further.

Well, I have not looked in kde-commit either, I have just looked at the diff
between the 2 corresponding doc directories.

> Anne-Marie

Have a nice day!