List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Internationalization
From:       Asgeir Frimannsson <asgeirf () redhat ! com>
Date:       2005-05-26 13:05:34

On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:15, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> Dňa Sunday 22 of May 2005 05:40 Tom Welch napísal:
> > IRMA exports everything in xliff and then we have tools that take items
> > from xliff to PO or other formats as necessary.  xliff is much more
> > flexible in what we can hold in it so that is why we use it.  However we
> > can deliver PO files with out any problems.
>
> I would be happy if somebody tries to use XLIFF files in KBabel. There is
> some support, but it seems nobody uses XLIFF with KBabel right now :(

I have done a bit of hacking on the KBabel XLIFF code, esp. *display* of
context information and note elements, and handling of 'fuzzy' TUs... It's
somewhere on my laptop (not much helpful am I!)... Will try and clean it up
and commit it at some point (late June?), but at the moment I'm highly
stressed trying to complete my thesis which is due in three weeks :)

cheers,
asgeir