List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Problems with KDE's GUI message translation statistics
From:       Claudiu Costin <claudiuc () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-30 22:33:21

       Dear Chris, dear friends,

On Miercuri 29 Septembrie 2004 17:18, marcos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Few days ago I noticed that KDE's GUI message translation statistics pages
> didn't link correctly with the CVS files:

   Indeed. The new CVSWEB interface (which changed 4-5 times in 2 years!!!),
make imposible to put a "predictible" link in KDE GUI Stats such that
users can download the PO file at a mouse-click distance.

   Chris, please give a solution, such that I can construct a valid URL
using the following tokens: filename path (i.e. 'kdelibs/knotify.po')
and branch (i.e. 'KDE_3_3_BRANCH')

Here's my excert from the PHP file with a printf format string.

// the base URL to KDE webcvs for branch HEAD with tags
$cvswebformat2  = "http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kde-i18n/%s?rev=%s&content-type=text/plain";

First "%s" is partial filename path, and the second is the revision (or branch).

  Thanks in advance!

> For example:
> In:
> http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/KDE_3_3_BRANCH/eu/kdelibs/index.php
>
> kdelips.po points to:
>
> http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kde-i18n/eu/messages/kdelibs/kdelibs.po?rev=KDE_3_3_BRANCH&content-type=text/plain
>
> which shows an error message:
>
> Error: Invalid revision: rev=KDE_3_3_BRANCH
>
> It seems like the webcvs script were changed somehow.
>

> Does anybody know anything about it??
>
> Thanks,
>
> marcos
> Basque translation team