List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    missing libkdeedu translations
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2004-09-30 18:55:09

Hello translators,

As a result of investigating bug #89098, I discovered that there is no PO
template generated for the kdeedu/libkdeedu directory.  In particular, the
subdirectory extdate uses several i18n'd strings that are not currently being
translated.

I think it is very likely that all of these strings already exist elsewhere in
KDE, and it is my understanding that in this case, adding the strings now to
KDE_3_3_BRANCH will only cause "fuzzy" tags, and won't break the strings
freeze.  If this is correct, may I have your consent to add these strings to
be translated in KDE_3_3_BRANCH?

The strings that will be added are listed below.  Am I correct that all of
these already exist somewhere in KDE?

In ExtDatePicker (which was cloned from KDatePicker), there are the following:
"Week %1";  "Next year";  "Previous year";  Next month";  "Previous month";
"Select a week";  "Select a month";  "Select a year";  "Select the current
day";  "Close".  All of these should already exist in the translation of
KDatePicker.

In ExtDateTime (cloned from QDateTime):
Month abbreviations:  "Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", etc.
Month names:  "January", "February", "March", etc.
Day abbreviations:  "Sun", "Mon", "Tue", etc.
Day names:  "Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", etc.

thanks,
Jason

PS- there is also a warning message string in libkdeedu/kdeeduplot, but I can
just remove this string in KDE_3_3_BRANCH.