List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Adding New keyboard layout
From:       "Nadir.." <nadirdurrani () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-08-30 7:27:15

Dear Nizamani Sahib

You can translate messages at Windows XP too which means that you can use Sindhi \
keyboard layout from Sindhi computing groups as well. Translation of messages require \
standard .pot files and of course an editor, po-editor is good.  You can install \
po-editor and use Sindhi keyboard layout already available, yes eventually you will \
be needing to include Sindhi layout for Linux and it is good that some one is already \
making it for you :), though you can do it yourself too its very easy.
Can you tell me regarding, where are you located and how many people you are and with \
what backgrounds ? Actually I am doing Survey on work being done on languages based \
on Arabic script. It would be good to add you guys in Human resources for Sindhi.
All the best.

Abdul Rahim Nizamani <ar_niz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Respected Members!
  I previously mailed this list, for adding a new language into KDE. It needs \
translations of the strings.  But first of all, a new keyboard layout must be added, \
in order to enter the text or strings. Can any one help me in this regard? I'm new to \
i18n, so plz guide me!
Thanks
AR Niz