List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: flags and countries
From:       Vedran =?utf-8?q?Ljubovi=C4=87?= <vedran-liste () smartnet ! ba>
Date:       2004-08-28 18:48:20

On Thursday 26 August 2004 15:16, Per Lindström wrote:
> Bahamas for Bosnian,

This was discussed before, I think (thought) that keyboard belongs to
language, KDE thinks that keyboard belongs to country. So our keyboard code
in X is bs, which is language-code for Bosnian but country-code for Bahamas.

It's actually the same case for Serbian (sr is Serbian language, but country
is Serbia and Montenegro which is sc), Arabic (there is no Arabia - perhaps
Saudi Arabia? but ar is Argentina) and Malayalam (the country is India). But
I suspect the problem will be worse in the future when there is more
keyboards like Malayalam.

With the others, the problem is that kcmkxkb reads the last few characters
from keyboard ID instead the first few.