List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Improving KDE with translators
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-28 11:43:54

On Friday 27 August 2004 22:51, Gérard Delafond wrote:
> > Well if Gerard ever gets any of this crab through I am certainly
> > quitting. I have rarely in my life heard nonsense like this.
>
> And what will you do if anybody does this independantly ? Imagine a user,
> or a company, or somebody who does not like KDE, takes our stats and
> publishes a sort of classment ? It would be more secure if we would rate
> ourselves. There is no shame to be alone to translate KDE. I even think it
> is glorious. But don't tell people they can trust your work.

Can you please stop this nonsense just causing flame wars? I don't see _any_
point you're making. Just because the work is done the way is done, doesn't
mean it's bad or good. What are the options for e.g. a danish user? Either he
likes what Erik K. (and friends) did or he doesn't, but why do you want him
to think he can't just because you can't imagine Erik is doing better
translations on his own than you and your team?

If you find some company or some danish user group that evaluates the danish
KDE translation on it's quality and finds that's not keeping it's promises,
then I have to ask why this company isn't improving the translation instead
of bad mouthing it. But why the <strong word here> you really want to start
this mess within the project itself? That doesn't make _ANY_ (and I'm
repeating myself here on purpose) sense to me.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화