List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Improving KDE with translators
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinsedevries () kde ! nl>
Date:       2004-08-24 7:05:58

Op maandag 23 augustus 2004 20:28, schreef GĂ©rard Delafond:
> > - About keyboard clashes, when i gave a keynote about kbabel, i used the
> > english version. The audience noticed that some screenshots contained
> > more than 10 clashes in one dialog..
>
> So, KDE's quality should not be perfect   ? ;-)

It should, but if even the English version can't solve acceleration clashes,
how can the translation teams solve it? I remember kmail-dialogs that had 23
or more acceleration keys.

Besides, acceleration clashes don't cause unexpected behavior of the GUI, if
Qt notices 2 or more matches for the pressed key, it will higlhight the first
one, in stead of executing it. you can navigate through the matching
accelerators by pressing the key binding again and select the one you want to
use with [enter]

Rinse