List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kolourpaint
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2004-07-23 15:08:25

Fredag 23 juli 2004 14:04 skrev Jeroen Wijnhout:
> The standard response would probably be to look at the About box in the
> application. You need to run those apps to test your translation anyway.

There are lots of cases where it is very hard to figure out where a
translations is being used. For kile I use it a lot myself being a
professional mathematician (I love that program), but in many other cases it
is extremely difficult.

There is a huge number of trivial corrections that are giving the translators
very large amounts of work (e.g. don't -> do not), so I don't actually think
it would be particularly unreasonable to ask the developers of being more
aware og i18n issues e.g by subscribing to this list.

Erik