List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kolourpaint
From:       Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-07-23 15:26:02

On Friday 23 July 2004 17:08, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> Fredag 23 juli 2004 14:04 skrev Jeroen Wijnhout:
> > The standard response would probably be to look at the About box in the
> > application. You need to run those apps to test your translation anyway.
>
> There are lots of cases where it is very hard to figure out where a
> translations is being used. For kile I use it a lot myself being a
> professional mathematician (I love that program), but in many other cases

Thanks :-)

> it is extremely difficult.
>
> There is a huge number of trivial corrections that are giving the
> translators very large amounts of work (e.g. don't -> do not), so I don't
> actually think it would be particularly unreasonable to ask the developers
> of being more aware og i18n issues e.g by subscribing to this list.

Indeed it is not much trouble. But the issue is not restricted to the i18n of
KDE, it also happens frequently that developers are looking for developers.
That's why I thought the email address might be useful. Perhaps the
discussion should be moved to kde-devel or kde-core-devel (people who read
this are already subscribed, so...).

best,
Jeroen

--