List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kolourpaint
From:       Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-07-23 14:04:06

On Friday 23 July 2004 15:43, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> Fredag 23 juli 2004 13:46 skrev Adriaan de Groot:
> > In other words, poke them, prod them, gently, whenever something seems
> > wrong. I _do_ think it's too much to ask developers to subscribe to this
> > list as well.
>
> The question becomes how. I have been doing this since 98 I believe, but I
> don't know an easy way to find out who I am supposed to write to for a
> specific program. As far as I know there is no contact person listed in the
> pot-files.
>
> Erik

The standard response would probably be to look at the About box in the
application. You need to run those apps to test your translation anyway.

CVS logs also provide a clue. Granted it is not very easy. Perhaps it is an
idea that every app has it's own email address, the maintainer decides where
it points to ( kile@kde.org would point to my private email for example).
This way it becomes trivial for everybody to get into contact with the
maintainer(s) of an app. Just a thought.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - KDE Integrated LaTeX Editor