List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: translations on kde 3.3
From:       Henrique Pinto <henrique.pinto () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-07-17 23:51:19

Em Sáb 17 Jul 2004 19:30, Heiko Evermann escreveu:
> >Please note that some application in KDE do no have po-files in Hebrew and
> > I still see that some translation is made. This is the issue, all other
> > parts are things that come with this bug.
>
> Frankly, this is just what we indended with the language fall back. It
> is not a bug, it is a feature.

Really? I was about to report it to b.k.o when I started reading this thread.
I understand that the new behaviour may be benefical to some users, but it is
really annoying to other users. And the fact that it doesn't work correctly
makes it worse still (for example, my KMail is now displaying in English some
strings that are translated in both the Romanian and Brazilian Portuguese
kmail.mo).

Can you please consider adding an option for disabling this, or reverting it
completely? I understand that we are in deep freeze, but given that this is
so annoying, I think this NEEDS to be solved before 3.3.0.

Thank you!

--
	Henrique Pinto
	henrique.pinto@kdemail.net