List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    clockapplet.po, korganizer.po and date format
From:       "Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar" <e.werner () rz ! uni-leipzig ! de>
Date:       2004-04-27 12:53:37

Hello,

I have a problem with the Upper Sorbian Translation of clockapplet.po:

For correct translation I need two different forms of e.g. "nine" in
*nine* o'clock
   and
a quater to/past *nine*

This affects other languages as well (Lithuanian, e.g.)

My problem with korganizer is that for the normal date format I need the
genitive case of the month names (e.g. "April" is "apryl" , but  "27th of
april" would be "27. apryla"). So either I get incorrect syntax in the date
format or (in applications like korganizer) "orphan" genitives in the
headings. This afflicts at least all other Slavic and the Baltic teams.

Cheers

Edi

--
Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar
Institut für Sorabistik, Universität Leipzig

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that
don't.