List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Reminder KimDaBa release tomorrow.
From:       Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.hunter () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-02-13 12:42:46

On Friday 13 Feb 2004 08:07, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> Yes, is that a problem?

It would mean checking out the whole of kde-i18n just for a few files - most
of which would need to be deleted before compiling.

> I was far from sure how to only tag relevant files, so I'd rather tag too
> much than too little. Tagging too little would mean that future
> translations for the 1.1 branch would show up on HEAD, I expect.

Well KimDaBa is the only program to have a tag in kde-i18n, so it's set a
precedence for this. I guess the developers of the other programs haven't
used branches before for the translations. Maybe a standard needs to be set
with instructions for developers and translators.

I guess the only other way would be to remove the tags and take a snapshot of
the translations. This would not allow for new translations though.

The concept is difficult to pictue - maybe coolo can suggest something.

Regards,
Malcolm
--
KDE Proof Reading Team