List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: K3b - my apologies
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-27 13:32:13

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:22:00 +0100, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:

>> > Some teams translate extragear, some don't. Further
>> > more, I have my own list of people who do translations outside of a
>> > i18n-team.
>>
>> This is  the worst thing.
>> When you put your application in kdeextragear module you should send an
>> email to your own translators and say them "Please join the KDE translation
>> teams". It easy for you (you have the list of translator) to do that while
>> it is quite difficult to me to know if a extragear application translation
>> is "in progress" somewhere else.
>
>I can't force them to do that (I tried, believe me). On the other hand, I'm
>not going to discard their work if they send me an updated kile.po file.

Theoretically, you can commit their PO file to the appropriate language
directory of the kde-i18n module and just let them know that they
always find their updated versions there. If they don't pick them up
one of the team members will take over.

Seriously: This is pretty important since it is also a consistency
thing. Many translators "from the outside" do not comply to the style
guides of the KDE translation teams which is very much against KDE's
whole "raison d'etre": to provide a unified desktop experience for its
users.

Regards,

Thomas

---