On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:22:00 +0100, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote: >> > Some teams translate extragear, some don't. Further >> > more, I have my own list of people who do translations outside of a >> > i18n-team. >> >> This is the worst thing. >> When you put your application in kdeextragear module you should send an >> email to your own translators and say them "Please join the KDE translation >> teams". It easy for you (you have the list of translator) to do that while >> it is quite difficult to me to know if a extragear application translation >> is "in progress" somewhere else. > >I can't force them to do that (I tried, believe me). On the other hand, I'm >not going to discard their work if they send me an updated kile.po file. Theoretically, you can commit their PO file to the appropriate language directory of the kde-i18n module and just let them know that they always find their updated versions there. If they don't pick them up one of the team members will take over. Seriously: This is pretty important since it is also a consistency thing. Many translators "from the outside" do not comply to the style guides of the KDE translation teams which is very much against KDE's whole "raison d'etre": to provide a unified desktop experience for its users. Regards, Thomas --- KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/ Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/