List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: K3b - my apologies
From:       Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-01-27 13:35:41

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 13:36, Malcolm Hunter wrote:
> > I can't force them to do that (I tried, believe me). On the other hand,
> > I'm not going to discard their work if they send me an updated kile.po
> > file.
>
> Couldn't you email the translation team coordinator to let him know, so it
> can be committed to CVS?

Ok, I will do that in the future. Allthough I would still like to have the
possibility of committing last minute fixes (say a few days before release)
in the kde-i18n module. In that case I will CC the coordinator in the CVS
commit, would that be acceptable?

> > Yes, the current situation leads to various problems.
>
> There's no point having extragear if developers treat it like sourceforge.

I beg your pardon? The KEG module is especially for modules that release on
their own. This gives problems in the current setup. Not because people are
stubborn or uncooperative. No, just because the KDE infrastructure is
designed around the core parts of KDE (libs, base, etc) and not around KEG.

The questions is: How do we deal with these problems?

For example, how should the team coordinators deal with the branches in KEG?
Every app can have their own branches (for example Kile has a branch_1_6,
branch_1_5 etc.). If the coordinators are the ones who commit the
translations into CVS, they also have to know about the branches. In fact
scripty needs to know about the branches as well.

So, I agree with Andrea, we should think about a new policy (if there was a
policy at all).

best,
Jeroen
--