List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to publish errata?
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-28 18:51:14

On Monday 27 October 2003 22.31, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> As the KWord documentation has known errors (old new file dialog, errors in
> filter documentations), I have asked me the question how to make an errata
> and especially how to distribute it.
>
> The problem is that http://www.koffice.org would perhaps be a natural place
> to have such an errata, but the KOffice Site is not translated, so the
> information will not get to the users.

My best proposal is to work on the docs in HEAD, bring them up to date with
the release if and when there are some free hands to do so, and direct people
to the updated versions on docs.kde.org.   You're not planning another
KOffice release for some time are you? Not having to compile a CVS version
and deal with the instability this implies would greatly improve my chances
of finding people willing to work on these docs.

However, not all languages are available on docs.kde.org (yet..., perhaps we
could talk to Daniel about bringing in the other languages, I know Erik
Pedersen would dearly like to see Danish available there.)

Another possibility is to branch the docs ,and do a separate "KOffice Docs"
tarball at some future date.

This is really down to me, I'm really sorry about the state of the KOffice
docs this time around, but with nearly all the existing KOffice doc
maintainers leaving, I just didn't get all the rewrites done by myself (and
there was a schedule miscommunication, I was under the impression that the
freeze began some time before it apparently actually did.)

Regards
--
Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/