List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: "Folder" or "Directory"?
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-26 17:08:34

> By the way, the decision has already been taken, and has already been
> implemented in the project. People waited a lot of time before starting
> the changes, it wasn't something done without discussion.
I simply said that the "new directory" create a "folder icon" is not an
argument to change  "directory" to "folder" everywhere.
Personally I agree that changing "directory" to "folder" whenever possible, is
good for usability (so it is "Create new folder").
In the "home directory" context it seems that "home folder" is not so good, in
kde-core-devel thread about "Home Folder" only Craig (and last Waldo mail)
seem to be for "Home folder" while many others  think that "home directory"
is too related to the OS (and so much used, see Dirk mail)  and should
remain... but it is already moved to "Home folder" (see kuser.po).

Bye
Andrea