List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Re[2]: "Folder" or "Directory"?
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-26 16:37:59

Alle 01:22, domenica 26 ottobre 2003, Craig Drummond ha scritto:
> > I'm agree. I don't think this change can be usefull, just because someone
> > create the standard words and sell his OS over all the world we have to
> > change our way of call directory.
>
> Nothing to do with another OS. The original reason: konqueror asks to
> "Create New Directory", and we create an icon of a folder? So why not
> "Create New Folder"?
Or "Create new folder icon" since the user isn't able to understand that
symbols are only symbols...

And why konqueror or internet-related icons are a globe? We can change
"internet" to "globe connection".
Kmix icon is a speaker... so "mixer" -> "speaker control"
or linux icon is a penguin so "linux" -> "penguin OS"
it is so strange that the standard symbol for directory is a folder?

Bye
Andrea