List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: New FPI - mostly no consequences, but...
From:       Éric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2002-04-28 7:59:20

On Sunday 28 April 2002 09:34, Stefan Asserhäll wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 April 2002 20.07, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> > The major change is the removal of some out of date entities
> > (applications that have changed their name, for example).
>
> Right, so to be able to run xml_update in HEAD, after changing to the
> new FPI, the removed general entities need to be added as language
> specific ones. Is it OK to do this at the end of "lang.entities" for each
> language?

No

1) Some entities have been removed because we don't want them. For example,
&X-Windows; is basically wrong. For these ones, modify the docs themselves
instead.

2) Some other entities have been removed because they need to be localized.
For example, &Ctrl; should become a replacement for "<keycap>Strng</keycap>"
in German (*), and it is also adviced to rename it as &Strng;. For these
translated entities, the right place is user.entities, not lang.entities.

(*) or something alike