List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Keyboard layout for Farsi
From:       Arash Zeini <kde () farsikde ! com>
Date:       2001-09-10 19:58:16

Hi,

I need some help on setting up (implementing) a keyboard layout for Farsi.
This is essential for our translation team to be able to begin its
translation work.
The 'Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran' has published a
Keyboard layout for Farsi, under the standards no. ISIRI 2901, which is the
de facto standard in Iran.

You will find more information on the layout here:
http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/persian.html

I am wondering how this standard can be implemented for KDE and if anyone can
help me out with some pointers?

Many thanks in advance,
Arash