List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Keyboard layout for Farsi
From:       Ilya Konstantinov <kde-devel () future ! galanet ! net>
Date:       2001-09-10 20:18:45

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 01:16:16AM +0530, Arash Zeini wrote:
> I am wondering how this standard can be implemented for KDE and if anyone can
> help me out with some pointers?

Via a regular Xkb map (and not only for KDE, but for all of X).

I found this on Pango's page. This page claims to have Xkb mappings for
Persian:
http://susu.org.uk/~robert/

Also read this page for general instructions:
http://www.pango.org/input-resources.shtml

For the language to appear in the KDE keyboard switcher (kxkb), add the
mapping to the following file:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86.lst
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86

The real place to "push" those keymaps for inclusion in all distros
out-of-the-box would be in XFree86.