List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: How to choose between builtin and external application : proposal
From:       Matt Koss <koss () napri ! sk>
Date:       1999-04-02 9:33:56

On Pi, 02 apr 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
>>You mean a dialog box containing this, each time you click on an image ???
>>Remember konqy is also a file browser, I don't want to "save to disk" a
>>file that is already on my disk ! ;-D
>
>Hmm... my mistake.  What I was trying to say was
>*Save To Disk 		[                                ]    [Location ... ]
>
>where location will bring about the KFileDialog for selecting directories only.
>What I think this is good for ( at least as I used to use it in Windows ) is to
>click on say zipped files, executables you want to download and have it
>get copied to the location you specified. Come to think of it,  I completely
>forgot about kget ; so dis-regard this feature !!!

IMO "Save to disk" option is not useless at all. It's needed for kget too.
I have suggested already to put this into RMB menu and bind it to
Shift+LeftMouseButton ( like in Netscape ).

My idea is that when user has configured kget to handle downloads, "Save to
disk " action will pass this URL to kget.
In other case konqueror will simply start the download itself.

Regards

		Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@napri.sk