On Pi, 02 apr 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote: >>You mean a dialog box containing this, each time you click on an image ??? >>Remember konqy is also a file browser, I don't want to "save to disk" a >>file that is already on my disk ! ;-D > >Hmm... my mistake. What I was trying to say was >*Save To Disk [ ] [Location ... ] > >where location will bring about the KFileDialog for selecting directories only. >What I think this is good for ( at least as I used to use it in Windows ) is to >click on say zipped files, executables you want to download and have it >get copied to the location you specified. Come to think of it, I completely >forgot about kget ; so dis-regard this feature !!! IMO "Save to disk" option is not useless at all. It's needed for kget too. I have suggested already to put this into RMB menu and bind it to Shift+LeftMouseButton ( like in Netscape ). My idea is that when user has configured kget to handle downloads, "Save to disk " action will pass this URL to kget. In other case konqueror will simply start the download itself. Regards Matt > >>What's more, it's needed to be able to change this later, so a dialog box >>is not enough. >I do not understand here. One can easily go to the Options menu and change >this and to have it take effect. > >>Configuration items, like I described before, are necessary >>to define always-wanted behaviours. >Exactly. > >>The goal is to display images and text >>_fast_, not to ask something to the user each time ;) >I agree with you here. But since we are talking about configurability, we >should leave this option upto the user. By default we can let konqurer open >images ( I have hacked mine to do this, but it is really ugly) as well as text >and possibly other formats. However, if the user chooses to be prompted for >each type so he/she can choose the action to be carried out, then IMO we >should let them have it. I do not think this makes much difference to the >average user but it will give flexiability to those that want to customize >konqurer to their liking. > >Cheers, >Dawit A. -- Matej Koss e-mail: koss@napri.sk Kosice ICQ# : 19344305 Slovaki