List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: Fwd: kfm not resolving URI correctly
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-22 0:20:56

> I would really like to put the samba stuff in real URLs, too. It
> simplifies the things for all users which are not used to the windows
> shit. For them the windows drived should look like everything else, too,
> in KDE. And handling a complete new syntax in Konqueror or at least KURL
> seem no good idea for me.
>
> Well, come to think of it, KURL should perhaps be able to parse this shit
> and end up in a state that is equal to the state it would have gotten in
> by reading a real URL describing the same ressource.
>
> But that still means that I would like to mape the //host//share grap
> to some URL.

I see no problem in using smb:// (or samba://) as a protocol, since it's
consistent with ftp, file, http, ...
And that would mean : keep KURL simple (and out of it).

But that's the job of the guy who will hopefully convert smblib into a
kio_smb kioslave.

Our problem is handling such URLs as //www.kde.org

--
David FAURE