List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: Anyone working on Japanese translations?
From:       中井 =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOSxHbhsoQg==?= <g-nakai () i
Date:       1998-10-01 2:20:08

Hello, I am the native Japanese ( also live in Japan :-) that have well
known about KDE and its multi-lingual system with the GNU gettext.

Actually, I translated the messages for kde-libs ( or some ) into
Japanese, and sent to the KDE project, but rejected because no environment
available to display our multi byte language on the qt now.

The Chinese version of KDE uses hacked X server but it's in some unusual
way and there is no information about how to do that.

I think the environment must be first.( It's easy to translate. )
I'm waiting the Harmony would be stable.

Also, Gtk/Gnome have already Japanese environment.

Yukihiro Nakai