List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: Dolor Ipse???
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1998-01-20 14:13:04

Magnus Reftel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get the last things done on the swedish translation kdelibs
> for Beta-3, but right now, I'm quite stuck. Could someone please help me,
> and tell me what on earth "Dolor Ipse" means
I have asked the same question once ;)
Dolor Ipse is a phrase in Latin (can't remember the translation). So
it's reasonable
to keep it or replace it with "example string", if you mind

> Also, what exactly is meant by "float" in the context of menu bars? Do
> they float as "float in space", "float in the air" or "float on water"?
> Currently, I use "float in the air", but I'd like to hear what others use.

I would say "float in the air", but german has many translations for
float ;)
The best translation is something like "wander around", but since this
is also
not very intuitive, a german translator (not me) choose something like
"moveable,
mobile". Hope, you got the idea.

Just to repeat myself: it's not important, that you get a real
translation of
the string as long as your users get the idea. Sometimes, the
interpretation of
a word is differnent from one language to another even if the word means
the
same.

Greets, Stephan

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)

Du musst weiterkaempfen bis zum Umfallen, auch wenn die ganze
Welt 'nen Arsch offen hat, oder gerade deswegen!  *  Konstantin Wecker