List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] kbattle.net
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-05-20 2:05:55

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 01:03:16AM +0200, Josef Spillner wrote:
> > On the other hand, there could be a ./configure tweak which checks for
> > libkggz (I assume) and compiles KGGZ support in the games only if
> > available, that way it can remain outside KDE cvs, just like we do not
> > include liboggvorbis etcetera.
>
> If you decide to go the GGZ way, I will sit down and try to find a proper
> solution, which may also contain a partial move of sources from GGZ to KDE.

Well, let's put it this way: if the KGGZ code enters KDE CVS, which will
probably mean that the widgets become part of libkdegames, then probably
within a short time all KDE games in kdegames and some in kdenonbeta will
support GGZ.

More than that, all third party games would be likely to check out GGZ as
well since the calls/classes/functions are in KDE CVS thus KDE class
reference thus all KDE user installations.

Of course your server code belongs where it is now, but I see many
advantages of integrating KGGZ into KDE CVS on the condition the KGGZ
developers will keep tight contact with GGZ server developers, but I doubt
that will be a problem. :-)

> However, an even better solution would be: Let's meet for a chat. Either in
> #kdegames on irc.kde.org, or on GGZ (I recommend jzaun.com:5688, room
> NetSpades). I'm currently logged into both, so let's discuss a bit :-)

Ack, sorry, had some coding to do and it's definitely too late now. Soon
then. :-)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest