List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Breaking up kdegames?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-01-27 19:48:38

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:40:39AM -0800, Neil Stevens wrote:
> kdegames-3.0beta1.tar.bz2 is 9056602 bytes large, so I can see breaking it
> up.  However, it seems to me that if the package is to be broken up, it
> should be broken up in a logical manner, how KDE's packages are already
> organized.

kdegames will decrease in size somewhat for 3.1, when we switch from .wav to
.ogg in the distribution. See the 3.1 feature plan.

It is still huge though, I wonder why.

> So, in that spirit, I propose the packages be broken up as they are broken
> up in the K menu.  kdegames-arcade, kdegames-board, kdegames-card,
> kdegames-strategy.

Agreed, that would make sense. On the other hand, it doesn't solve the
problem mentioned: some users want one tetris game, not three; and one card
game, not three. So in our scenario they would still need to get *everything*
in order to hav a diverse game listing and they would still have several
dups.

And where would you put libkdegames? :-)

> If people think there aren't enough cardgames yet to justify a package,
> then I can import my blackjack game into cvs. :-)

Yes, that I do support wholeheartedly. :-)
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."