List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] QCanvasSprite + QObject
From:       Martin Heni <martin () heni-online ! de>
Date:       2001-12-19 16:54:15

>Btw, a virtual QCanvasItem::periodicUpdate() that gets called automatically
>would be nice..

You do not need timers for the animation. The Cavas Items
have a function advance which is called periodically with
a period which you set with setAdvancePeriod or so.
You can do, movement and animation in this function
without the need of additional timers.

Btw. check the function names cause I do not know
them exactely just writing it out of my head.

bye
Martin