List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Nibbles for KDE
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-12-18 21:12:31

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 21:55, Martin wrote:
> I found your adress on the KDE-page and I am not sure if you
> are the correct person to contact, so please forgive me if you
> are not the correct person for this. Anyway, I would like to
> see a port of Nibbles to KDE, something similiar to GNibbles
> is what I like would see. At this point it is the only reason
> why I still have GNOME on my computer ;o) (Not that GNOME is
> bad in any way, just that I like KDE better).
>
> Would that be possible (If I knew how to program I would try
> to do the porting myself)

I loved Nibbles. When I got to level seventy-something on the Commodore 64 I
crashed the program because it couldn't handle more than N spare lives, and I
got an extra one that caused an overflow.

Could the KSnake engine be used for this? It's a tad different in gameplay,
but the basic elements are the same: growing snake that moves faster, a board
grid (I think Nibbles automatically takes turns though) and stuff to eat.

If I wasn't busy with Atlantik.. ;-)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."