List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Harmony classes to implement
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       2000-04-10 0:25:02

Hi !

Lucky coincidence that I browsed trough the lists archive today. I just
hope that I'm sending this mail to the correct address ;)

Brian Bruns wrote:

> Very true. I'm still infequently working on QtK (Qt API over gtk+) and have so
> far borrowed the following classes from harmony. This is a probably
> incomplete list of non-visual classes in harmony today. So, as my needs
> expand, I'll probably start working on some of the others that don't require
> QObject.

Here's the reason why *I* took a look here:

I'm in need of a reasonable sized library with easy to use basic tool
classes like strings, lists, dynamic arrays etc. It's meant for some pet
projects of mine that might never go public at a larger scale. I got
pretty much used to QString & friends and would like the classes to be
source compatible to Qt for an optional KDE'fication at a later point in
time.

Originally, I intended to write the code myself (a handful of classes
chosen based on my needs). Today I decided to check what's left from
the Harmony code. Seems to be sufficient for my need and I'm probably
going to collect some classes for private use. Should I merge them back
in case I do any cleanups or bug fixing ? Where and how ? I'm not after
the GUI stuff and will therefore do some sorting and create a separate X
independent lib on my disc. Contact me if you are interested in helping
out or re-using it in any way (e.g. for non-KDE applications)

Thanks for listening,

Harri.