List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    RE: [freeqt] Harmony classes to implement
From:       "Brennan, Michael W" <michael.w.brennan () eds ! com>
Date:       2000-04-10 1:31:27

I remember reading an editorial/article (about 2 years) on creating a QT
clone (this was before the QPL appeared and maybe pre-harmony).

If I recall correctly, it stated that anybody creating a QT clone would need
to ensure they weren't directly influenced by the QT code (ie you couldn't
look at the QT code to see how troll tech did it) - in order to avoid any
legal problems.  I think it actually recommended having people code in a
completely 'clean' environment - no qt code... only an class
interface/process specification.

What's the current state of things under the QPL?  If I were to code harmony
classes, would having QT source on my machine be grounds for potential legal
problems?

regards,
Michael