List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] Thanks!
From:       Matt Heck <mheck () www ! surveyorcorp ! com>
Date:       1999-02-20 20:56:47

Whoops, didn't mean to get tempers flaring.  I needed a little history
lesson here, but I think I've gotten most sides in.  Sorry for dredging up
sore spots with everybody.

Again, I've got kind of a differrent angle on this thing-- I need a
cross-platform toolkit more than I need a Qt-compatible one-- so I'm
making an effort to keep my opinions to a minimum and my objectivity as
high as I can-- which, as you might guess, does not come naturally to me,
but hey, gotta try. =]

I want to thank you all for helping me to understand what the current
situation is with Harmony.  What I see is a bunch of talented people who
want to help improve the development options available for Linux.
Regardless of what project you're currently working on, I think you're all
making a big impact.

I also want to thank people for suggesting alternate toolkits that are
ready to use right now, since at present, that's how I have to solve my
current problem.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with Qt and KDE over the
next few months.  Reasons to either resume or shelve Harmony may become
much more apparrent.  If Harmony does resume, I'm still interested in
helping with a Windows port.

And of course, I'll be keeping my ears open on this list =]

Best regards,
   Matt