List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Greetings!
From:       Matt Heck <mheck () www ! surveyorcorp ! com>
Date:       1999-02-17 2:02:09

TT's license agreement change is certainly odd, but it leaves my group
with the same problem we had before: regardless of whether or not the Unix
version is open source or not, the Windows version definitely isn't.

Part of me thinks TT's license change was worded just carefully enough to
ensure that Harmony would disband without releasing much in the way of
actual licensing concessions.  That would be an effective way of removing
the "competition".  On the other hand, maybe their intentions really are
decent.

Regretfully, we won't be giving them a chance to prove that they are-- my
company has tentatively decided that in the absense of a true L/GPL
portable Qt solution, our best bet is to go with wxWindows, possibly with
the GTK and GNOME extensions, possibly not.

We'll be able to add the high-performance graphics code we need in at the
low level without having to worry about redistribution problems.

Cheers,
   Matt